Sunday 23 April 2017

Charlecote Garden Centre

Solo ride out to Charlecote Garden Centre Cafe today, weather was dry and bright.

Was originally considering a hill fest route (Arley) but after checking my wheels I discovered the wear mark on my rear wheel rim had disappeared so figured a more flat route was in order plus if the rim does blow I would be close to the train stations all the way back.

Another test of the new chain and cassette also revealed the small 30 tooth chain ring on my chainset is wearing out, had a slight grinding noise whenever I put pressure on. Had originally thought it was just the derailleur rubbing but after adjustments en route I soon discovered nothing was rubbing against the chain at all. (testing old chain against new chain a few days later revealed the culprit)

Arrived at Charlecote to find they had moved the cafe outside table and chairs from the rear of the building to the side, much nicer setting sitting with plants etc however I observed there isn't much room to lean bikes if there are a few riders. As I was the only rider there and the only person sitting outside I was ok. Cans still put bikes at the back of cafe but would be out of sight.

All in all a very pleasant ride out, 62 miles covered.



A post shared by TheKay (@thekay666) on

A post shared by TheKay (@thekay666) on

A post shared by TheKay (@thekay666) on